Friday, May 7, 2010

Universal: Transportation Secure!

One of my main concerns this trip was transportation to/from Universal. I don't know why, but it made me so nervous. I thought about a cab, which is great-- except we have 6 people, meaning we would need 2 cabs. $20 each way for each cab seemed okay, but I wanted us to ride together. Additionally, we would have to lug carseats all the way from MT. Hayden doesn't need a car seat for the buses or plane, and Ginny is a lap child.

On the Disney discussion boards I frequent, Marty's transportation company came recommended. He has a van that will fit all of us-- as well as a booster for Hayden and seat for Ginny (included in the price). He was prompt to return my email, answer questions, give suggestions, etc.


His quote compared with the other taxi rates and was cheaper than the buses/shuttles that run from Disney resorts to Universal. Why take a bus from the hotel (one which will stop at several different hotels, which takes forever), would cost $17 per adult and $15 per child (round trip), and one where we would have to conform to their scheduler? Too expensive, too much of a hassle. Taxis were out of picture, not because of the price-- but because of having to split up and the lack of car seats (as mentioned before).

Anyways, we have Marty reserved! He will pick us up at our hotel 8:00 on our Universal day (so we are at Universal by 8:30 a.m.). At the end of the day, he will pick us up in front of Universal at 6:30 p.m. (the park closes at 7 p.m.). We will be dropped off at Downtown Disney so we can get dinner and take the boat back to the hotel.

Now I am much less nervous about the trip. This was my biggest concern and it is taken care of. YAY!

2 comments:

...Laura... said...

You're amazing. I love the idea of not having to lug our carseat!

Anonymous said...

This is great. I like how "Every Uncle in the World" this guy looks. What a good idea.

I'm glad we got this figured out. Thanks for doing all the leg work on this, babe!