Sunday, May 9, 2010

Flight: Poll on Right --->

Here are our options for the flight there. I have the flights home picked out, I think-- they leave Florida around 4:30 or 5:00 p.m. With both of these flights we will meet you in Salt Lake. We won't have the same return flight, though, which is fine. I just wanted to have the same flight there so we can ride the Magical Express with you.

Magical Express is Disney's bus transport from the airport to the resort. All we have to do it go to the bus. Disney gets our luggage from baggage claim for us and places it in our rooms. Last year we arrived on the 4:25 p.m. flight and were in our room by 6:00 p.m. We took a short nap and then went to dinner. By the time we got back from dinner, our luggage was there (by 10:00 p.m.) 

Option 1:
Missoula- Salt Lake - Orlando
------Leave: 6:30 a.m.  Arrive: 4:25 p.m.
Phoenix - Salt Lake -Orlando
------Leave: 6:00 a.m.  Arrive: 4:25 p.m.

Option 1 would mean taking an extra day off school/work, which is a negative. However, we would get there earlier.  We would have some time for dinner there, time to rest a bit at the resort, and do a bit of exploring that evening at the resort.

Option 2:
Missoula- Salt Lake- Orlando
------Leave: 1:05 p.m. Arrive: 11:14 pm.

Phoenix - Salt Lake -Orlando
------Leave: 11:00 a.m.  Arrive: 11:14 p.m.


Just so you know, with option 2, Magical Express would not get our luggage for us and place it in our rooms. We would have to get our baggage and bring it with us on the Magical Express. Evan and I would also have a longer layover. However, we wouldn't have to take another day off of school/work, so that is a plus.

Feel free to vote on the right or ask questions below.

I should have done this last week, since the price of our PHX tickets went up $30 today. I don't know whether or not to buy yours now (since MSO tickets don't seem to change much-- based on our experience with our tickets there earlier this year) and see if our tickets go down later or what...  Then we may run the risk of not getting the same flight to Orlando. What are your thoughts?

3 comments:

Dirk said...

We both voted early- hope Dirk doesn't regret this when the semester starts!

Anonymous said...

Excellent! I didn't vote, because I didn't want to influence others.
But I wanted early too! YAY!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for doing all of this, Paula. You are amazing, and you make me proud.