I made all the reservations for breakfast, which is great! We got times for everything we wanted, except Kouzzina, which is a bit early. However, we will have to walk or ride a boat over to the restaurant (once we exit the bus that will take us from POFQ to Hollywood Studios), so we will probably be a bit late, anyway. I found out that you can show up for a reservation up to two hours late and it will still be honored!
Anyway, onto the last few choices for dining reservations—the Magic Kingdom (and surrounding resorts) and Downtown Disney.
Magic Kingdom and Surrounding Resorts (two lunches, one dinner)—
MK: Liberty Tree Tavern, Tony’s Town Square Restaurant, The Plaza
Resorts: Whispering Canyon Café, Ohana (dinner only) Grand Floridian Café, 1900 Park Fare (dinner only), Chef Mickey’s (dinner only), The Wave. Since there are so many, I will post pictures of what I have. However, I will link to the menus and describe each restaurant.
Magic Kingdom
Liberty Tree Tavern—we ate here for lunch last year and really liked it. I found the recipe for one of their desserts and have made it a few times (Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake) because it was so good. This is standard American food in a colonial setting. Lunch. Dinner Pictures.
Tony’s Town Square Restaurant—this place generally gets mixed reviews. The people who like it really like it, the people who hate it, hate it. It seems to be standard Italian food. The restaurant is Lady and the Tramp themed. Lunch. Dinner. Dessert.
The Plaza—this is a small sandwich place on Main Street. We ate here last year as well. The sandwiches were okay, but Evan really liked the tomato soup and I liked the cheesecake. However, I can make tomato soup and cheesecake myself. Menu. Pictures.
Nearby Resorts
Whispering Canyon Café—at this restaurant you can order a al carte or get the all you can eat skillet. Milkshakes are bottomless, and the waiters play tricks on you. For example, when I order my Diet Coke, they will probably bring me this ridiculously large jar full. Lunch. Dinner. Dessert. Pictures below.
Ohana (dinner only)—I would love to eat here, actually, but I am not married to the idea. I have heard great things about the food, which may be why it can sometimes be difficult to get reservations. The meal is served family style, all you can eat. The meat is brought to your table on skewers. Menu and Pictures.
Grand Floridian Café—this is a quiet restaurant at the Grand Floridian Resort. It seems to server decent food. I haven’t heard great things or bad things. If something on the menu appeals to you, I say we go for it! Lunch. Dinner. Dessert. Pictures.
Chef Mickey’s (dinner only)-- reviews seem to be similar to 1900 Park Fare. Nothing great, but not bad. This is a traditional buffet. They seem to have similar food to 1900 Park Fare as well.
The Wave—once again, this place gets good reviews, but the menu to me is ‘’eh”. I don’t know if there are too many unfamiliar words or if I have this notion of pretentiousness because of the way it serves organic and healthy food. Not that those concepts are bad, but are they trying too hard? That being said, I would eat here because of the good reviews. Lunch. Dinner. Dessert. Pictures.
Side Note: If only one of these sounds good, we could choose a lunch from one of the previous resort restaurants—although we would probably go straight back to the hotel to catch the Magical Express (as opposed to being able to do a bit of snack shopping at Downtown Disney before we leave). We will be at Downtown Disney the evening prior, so that doesn’t seem to be too big of a deal.
Raglan Road—we ate here last year and LOVED it! The Dalkey Duo appetizer was great, I loved my fish and chips, and the desserts were awesome (we just ran out of room because of the Dalkey Duo, we couldn’t stop eating those little sausages!) Lunch. Dinner. Pictures
Wolfgang Puck Cafe—gets generally good reviews, and the menu seems diverse. Lunch. Dinner. Pictures.
I really haven’t heard much about Cap’n Jacks and Planet Hollywood, so I will just post menus.
Cap’n Jacks—Lunch/Dinner. Dessert
Planet Hollywood — Menu (open for lunch and dinner, just found out).


























7 comments:
The DTD is only letting me vote for one place. I like the wolfgang puck, then for my second choice I can't decide b/w Raglan or Planet Hollywood. Hollywood's menu looks good, and I looked up pics b/c I've heard it's fun, and it looks like a fun place.
Weird. The poll is changed, so you can vote for two now...
I think Evan has the same dilemma between RR and PH. As for Planet Hollywood-- we could always go there and eat appys or dessert and check out the place.
I think our vacation packages come with a $10 voucher to PH (which would equal $20, since we have to packages). At least our package last year did.
We could go there for a snack one afternoon if we go to DTD to shop (which we should do, I think). For example, we got done with AK early and so we went to DTD for the rest of the day).
We could go to Raglan that night for dinner but eat dessert at PH. Or go to PH for a snack in the afternoon. We could check out all the memorabilia, which I know Evan would love and a big draw for PH.
I think at the end of this trip we are going to come back as big as planets...
Oh. I saw your vote for the MK one. You will have to choose either 1900 Park Fare OR Ohana, since they are both "dinner only". You would need to choose another place that serves lunch, in addition to Whispering Canyon. =)
K- I picked Liberty Tree TAvern just because of the BUZZ cup.
Wolfgang's salmon and asparagus on the dinner menu looks yummy, and I didn't see it on the lunch. If you guys don't care which we do for lunch/dinner, I wouldn't mind doing dinner here.
oh- nevermind- the salmon was on both wolfgang menus... just in different order. Do as you please...
awesome. I am going to check on the entertainment at Raglan. They have an Irish band play at night with irish dancing. If it is there at lunch, I will schedule a lunch there. If not, I will do a WPC lunch.
Paula, you are so great to put this all together. Just another reason to love you!!!
Post a Comment