Animal Kingdom (1 or 2 lunches): Yak and Yeti, Tusker House, Boma
Yak and Yeti—Evan and I ate at this place last year. However, Evan doesn’t really remember it because he was so sick. I don’t really remember it because we were really rushed (we had to leave to go back to the resort to catch our Magical Express bus back to the airport. We barely made it. However, we remember liking it, especially the dessert. Additionally, the restaurant is called “Yak and Yeti”, which is probably the best name ever—(besides “Restaurantosaurus”).
Here are the menus: Lunch/Dinner. Kids. Pictures below.
Tusker House--This is a buffet inside the park. I wouldn't mind doing this buffet and tasting some of the African inspired dishes. However, I am already thinking about a Donald’s Safari Character Breakfast that morning and we already have some African inspired food scheduled for Jiko (one of our signature meals). Menu. I could not find pictures of a Tusker House lunch.
The reason why I say 1 or 2 lunches here is because we are planning on spending a day and a half in Animal Kingdom. On the last day, we will need to be back at our hotel, ready to load the Magical Express at 2:15. I was thinking of booking a lunch at Downtown Disney so we could do a bit of shopping before we leave (spending the last of our snack credits at Goofy’s Candy Company) before we hop on the plane. However, if both of these places really call out to you, let me know and we can schedule lunch at Animal Kingdom on our last day.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios (1 lunch): Sci-Fi Dine In Theatre, 50’s Prime Time Café, Mama Melrose, Hollywood and Vine
Sci-Fi Dine In Theatre—This one gets my vote. We ate here last year. The food is nothing special. However, the atmosphere is amazing! You sit in car tables and watch cheesy Sci-Fi movies. We loved the appetizers and burgers last year, the dessert left something to be desired. However, you can get a shake for a dessert or a drink, and my shake was good. Here are the lunch and kids menus. Pictures below.
50’s Prime Time Café—Another well themed restaurant, but we haven’t been. This restaurant is themed as a 1950s kitchen with a TV playing black and white sitcoms. The waiters/waitresses act like you parent, and they tell you to eat your greens, clean your plate, get you elbows off the table, etc. Here are the Lunch and Kids menus. Pics below.
Mama Melrose—an Italian place. People seem to like this place, but it seems like your average fare. There doesn’t seem to be anything special about the theme here, either. Lunch, Kids. Pictures.
Hollywood and Vine—a character buffet with JoJo, Goliath and the Little Einsteins. Yeah… I have no idea who those people are. As such, this place would not get my vote and I am not going to post pictures. Menu here.















7 comments:
Is it sad that I totally know who JoJo, Goliath, and Little Einsteins are?
LOL! If that is the case, then do you think Hayden would be interested in that meal? I would totally go there if Hayden would care about meeting them...
No, I don't think he'd care. Little Einsteins is so last year! ;)
The only character I KNOW Hayden would want to meet is Buzz Lightyear. Do they have one? I know they have a big Toy Story section at the All Stars Movie hotel, but I haven't seen anything yet with a Buzz character. He would also like Mickey, goofy, etc... I don't know what else there is for boys...
I'm too lazy to switch over to Dirk's account so he can vote... So he chooses Yak and Yeti and of course the Sci Fi
Excellent! We can move onto breakfast tomorrow!
BTW. Yes, they do have a Buzz lightyear. He signs autographs in the Magic Kingdom and he is pretty easy to find. We can always ask a cast member to radio and find out when he will be there. Information about character meet and greets is also given on the "times guide" that you get when the park opens.
I guess you will just have to start introducing him to girly Disney movies before the trip-- so he won't mind when he has to meet girly characters!
Post a Comment