Biergarten--4
Teppan Edo--3
Tutto Italia--2
Coral Reef--2
Garden Grill-- 2
Akershus--2
Marrakesh--2
Rose and Crown--1
I am taking Rose and Crown out of the picture, since it only had one vote. I am also taking Tutto out of the picture since it was Evan and I who voted for it, and we can get pasta at other places.
Biergarten--4-- Reservation made 9/4 @ 6:30 p.m.
Teppan Edo--3-- Reservation made 9/6 @12:00 p.m.
Coral Reef--2
Garden Grill-- 2
Akershus--2
Marrakesh--2 -- Reservation made 9/6 @ 6:30 p.m.
I am thinking that Marrakesh would be fun. They have this "taste of Morocco" thing that would be cool to try, and I really want to grow my hair out and wear a vest, if at all possible.
I will, however, make one last plea for the boys to "okay" Coral Reef because of the aquarium. I found a picture of the chicken and pork dishes that the boys will most likely order. I posted a steak picture as well.
Seared Chicken Breast - served over spaetzle finished with Applewood smoked bacon - chicken broth $20.99
Smoked Paprika-dusted Pork Tenderloin-- with Hominy and Aged Cheddar Potatoes and seasonal Stone Fruit Salad 22.99
Grilled New York Strip Steak - served with roasted potatoes, watercress, and tomotoes tossed in caramelized shallot vinaigrette $27.99
If not, it is a toss up for Akershus and Garden Grill. I would like to say that I have a few character breakfasts in mind, but Chip and Dale are at Garden Grill. I think this the only place you can see them-- and we are seeing princesses at Cinderella's Royal Table. We could see them in the parks, though. They are usually on Main Street of Magic Kingdom when the park opens.
If not, it is a toss up for Akershus and Garden Grill. I would like to say that I have a few character breakfasts in mind, but Chip and Dale are at Garden Grill. I think this the only place you can see them-- and we are seeing princesses at Cinderella's Royal Table. We could see them in the parks, though. They are usually on Main Street of Magic Kingdom when the park opens.
That being said, if Laura says that Norwegian food is awesome, that is a definite consideration. We will have plenty of "american food" this trip. The Salmon burger for lunch looks awesome, and Coral Reef will always be there next time because it has been there forever. Thoughts?
By the way, I also made reservations at the "signature" restaurants we chose. Please see right.




3 comments:
The chicken with bacon convinced Dirk that the Coral Reef is good. I don't really need to meet chip n dale. I just want to meet as many as I can just to say I did... not necessary though. What are the other character breakfasts available?
Norwegian food is similar to Swedish food... Think Ikea. Have you eaten there? The meatballs are to die for. Lingonberry is a very common thing.. etc... I don't have to have that, though... it's not very different from American, just yummy, and the menu looked good.
I still put my vote in as Coral Reef as well. I like the ideas of aquariums, and I don't try seafood often enough. I know other places have it, but honestly, I'm afraid to eat seafood from a place where it is not the specialty.
p.s.
Paula- please do where a vest, and remember to wear an ugly silk shirt underneath.
I am glad I have your official permission to vest it up at WDW, Laura! That is definitely a must do!
Awesome. I have Evan convinced on Coral Reef too-- and I promise it isn't because I turned into a whiny child. He thinks the chicken looks good too! Coral Reef it is!
I have never eaten at Ikea actually. I turned into Dad Neill the first time I went-- freaked out because of all the people-- and had to leave. I still need to go back and try it again.
I will do a post about character breakfasts-- I think I found Chip and Dale at a Chef Mickey character breakfast! If we don't end up going there, we can see them in the parks.
In my research today I found out that they usually open Magic Kingdom, riding in on the trains for the opening ceremony. They then enter Main street with all the other characters, so we will see them either way!
Post a Comment