Today I am going to post some information about possible places to eat at Epcot. We are spending two days there. I will place my ideas first, and then tell you about the other restaurants and why those aren’t on my preferred list. Keep in mind that we need to choose four. Two lunch, two dinner.
Strong Contenders:
Biergarten: We ate here last year and really liked it. Even though the names of the items are a bit scary, the food looks normal. This is voted as a good restaurant for kids because of the entertainment that happens every ½ hour or so. Here are some pictures. For the menu, click here.
Teppan Edo: This place is also a good place for kids because they can watch the cook do his/her thing. The kids’ meals are served in Japanese bullet train boxes, which look like Monorails to me. Here are some pictures and the menu:
Tutto Italia: This place generally gets good reviews and who doesn’t like a carb overload every once in a while? Pictures below. Menus: Lunch and Dinner.
Coral Reef: I know that the majority of you don’t like seafood, but I like fish. I would not mind eating here. Once again, this is a good restaurant for kids because of the aquariums in the walls. I admit it. I have always wanted to eat here, and there are a couple of options for you non-fish eaters. We would definitely tell them to be careful of Dirk's allergy. Pictures are below. Menus: Lunch, Dinner, Dessert.
Other Options:
Les Chefs de France: Evan hated this place last year, but I didn’t think it was that bad. I would go back, and there are plenty of things for Evan to order—or he could get the sauce on the side. Here are some pictures and the menus are here: Lunch and Dinner
Garden Grill: This is also voted as good for kids because it is a character meal (Chip, Dale, Farmer Mickey) and the setting is cool (it revolves around the boat ride called “The Land”. However, I have heard mixed reviews of this place. It is only open for dinner. Menu here. Pictures below.
Rose and Crown: It is really hard to get dinner reservations here. The Rose and Crown has a patio seating area that is perfect for viewing Illuminations (the fireworks show). As such, we would have to go there for lunch. Here is the menu. Pictures below.
Akershus: The downside to this is it is a princess meal. We are already seeing princesses at Cinderella’s Royal Table. That being said, trying Norwiegian food could be interesting, and we could live with a few more princess pictures, I guess. Pictures below. Lunch Menu. Dinner Menu
Marrakesh: I must admit. Moroccan food scares me. If others were interested in this setting, I would go. There is entertainment at this restaurant as well—belly dancers! Pictures below. Lunch and Dinner Menus
San Angel Inn: Although we have heard that service is slow, you eat overlooking the Mexico Pavilion boat ride and volcano. Sounds awesome, Hayden might think it’s cool. However, we do live in the west and have ample opportunity to eat Mexican. That being said, some items look delicious! Lunch and Dinner. Pictures below.
Tokyo Dining: This is another sit-down place in Japan, next door to Teppan Edo. I would rather get the “show” that Teppan Edo provides. However, these menu items look tasty. Here is the Menu. Pictures below.
Nine Dragons: Generally gets poor reviews. Also, there is a Chinese place called “Yak and Yeti” at Animal Kingdom. Animal Kingdom has limited restaurants, so we should go there, I think. Plus it is called "Yak and Yeti", which is the greatest name for a restaurant ever. However, here are the menus: Lunch, Dinner, Dessert. Pictures below.
Out of the Question:
Le Cellier Steakhouse: Looks amazing but out of the question. You have to call 180 days before you want a reservation and even then your chances are slim. I am not even going to post the menu because I don’t want to cry.
The Poll is on the right. If for some reason you have a strong preference for a certain restaurant for lunch or dinner at one of them, please let me know. For example, "I must have the ___ at ___ and it is only on the lunch/dinner menu". Also, if you would like me to look for a picture of a certain appetizer/entree/food, please let me know. =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





































5 comments:
I'm no good at voting... Can't we eat at them all??!! I vote for the fish place b/c of the aquariums, and I like to be adventurous... I'm still not sure if I like fish or not, b/c I rarely eat it.
I voted for the moroccan place soley for the belly dancers. I've had Indian once- it looks similar- not sure I'd be wanting to walk around a park all day after eating that... or share a bathroom w/ the boys for that matter.
I voted Rose and Crown b/c if we could get it for dinner, I'd really like to.. When you say difficult, how difficult do you mean?... Like are we way too late? Is it worth a call?
Norwegian food is yummy. I'm up for more princesses if I can eat Norwegian food :)
Now that I'm writing this, I really want the Teppan Edo place too... And as yummy as the Italian looks, and I LOVE Italian- I'm trying to be adventurous, so I didn't vote that one.
Oh- and I voted for Garden Grill b/c of chip and dale. I want to meet them and start singing rescue rangers with them...
I kind of agree with Laura. They all look so good. I am excited to eat at some different places than last time, but then again where we ate before was awesome for the most part.
I voted, but with a tear in my eye for the food we'd miss.
Oh, does Disney World have rides?
Good point about the Italian place, Laura. It is much easier to find Italian places than Morroccan, and the belly dancers could be tons of fun!
What I assume is that we will eat lunch in the parks and then go back to the hotel for a couple of hours-- and then go back to the parks, have dinner-- and then go back to the hotel. Either way, the boys could digest it at the hotel. ha ha!
The kids menu looks safe for Hayden as well--
Watermelon Delight Fruit Cocktail - Watermelon, cranberry juice and orange water $4.95
Moroccan Sunrise - Pineapple, strawberry juice, and orange water $4.95
Chicken Tenders - Breaded fried chicken $6.95
Moroccan Pasta - Served with meatballs in tomato sauce $6.95
Kefta - Hamburger served on a bun with lettuce and tomatoes $6.95
Vegetable Couscous - Rolled semolina steamed and served with seasonal vegetables $6.95
Ice Cream - $2.95
I have never had Norwegian food, but I did like the place for breakfast last year. The inside was pretty and pictures come with the price of the meal, which is fun.
We can't get Rose and Crown for dinner with the fireworks. But I checked and we can get dinner reservations at a decent hour. For some reason I had it in my head that the only reason to eat there was the fireworks. I was tired when I wrote the post, I guess.
Too funny about rescue rangers! We had reservations for Garden Grill last year, but had to cancel them-- it could be fun this year! Let's see what Dirk thinks about all these places.
Since three of us have voted for biergarten, that seems to be a must do for all of us. YAY! it was good and tons of fun.
Evan said he would do Coral Reef, even though it is a fish place because there are four non-fish entrees on the menu to choose from. There is also an appetizer called "sea and land" that he would try to change to "land and land".
I say we do the coral reef. They have something for everyone.
Post a Comment