We have our flight for 9/12 as well and our stay has been extended! Everything has been finalized with Disney/Expedia and paid in full! Wahoo!
Now that we have another night, we have a few more dining issues to figure out. Essentially we have three more meal credits to use. I think we should use one of those credits to get breakfast at the resort on Harry Potter day so we don't have to use snack credits. We can eat a substantial breakfast before we leave for Universal, which is a good thing.
We still have two credits left after that, and we will be leaving for the airport before the resort food court opens the next day. So, we have a couple of options:
Option One: Do another two credit meal on Saturday night. We have already chosen Jiko, Cinderella's Royal Table, Brown Derby and Yachtsman. We can either choose to eat at one of those places a second time-- or we can choose something different. Here is a link to the post from last month about "signature dining".
http://neillwdw.blogspot.com/2010/05/dining-where-to-eat-signature-meal.html
Option Two: Do a one credit meal on Saturday night. We can then look into the possibility of going to a restaurant on Saturday (while they are serving breakfast) and getting meals "to go". We can then place these meals in our room fridges and heat them up in the microwave before we leave on Sunday morning. I am sure that we could get something from the resort food court-- we could even try to get a table service meal scheduled, order our food there and then take it back to our room.
A possibility for this is Wolfgang Puck Express. I think that some of their breakfast items could re-heat well. The omelets would be questionable, but I bet the pizzas, the waffles and the french toast would be okay. Downtown Disney is close enough to our resort that it wouldn't be a pain to get these breakfast items and run them back to the hotel that morning.
http://allears.net/menu/menu_wpe.htm
We could also just get something at the resort food court, but there items aren't as exotic and we are already eating here one morning.
http://allears.net/menu/menu_sasgb.htm
Here is something else that I want to run by you... after IoA I was going to have the taxi/van drop us off at Downtown Disney. I was planning on getting dinner there at Raglan Road. However, I am thinking that we will be really tired and we may just want to get a "quick service" or "counter service" meal.
Downtown Disney has two great options for counter service-- both consistently get good reviews. The first is Wolfgang Puck Express:
http://allears.net/menu/menu_wpe.htm
The second is Earl of Sandwich:
http://allears.net/menu/menu_eofs.htm
I was thinking that if you like this idea, I could cancel Wolfgang Puck Cafe for lunch on 9/11 and we can go to Raglan Road for lunch on the 11th. Here is a link to the Raglan Road menu for lunch (a bit different than the dinner one you saw before). We really liked this place last year-- and I dream of the Dalkey Duo:
Adult: http://allears.net/menu/menu_ragl.htm
Childrens: http://allears.net/menu/menu_ragk.htm
What do you think of Option 1 and 2 for Saturday/Sunday? What do you think about a "quick service" meal on Harry Potter day/night and then eating at Raglan Road for Lunch on the 11th?
We still have two credits left after that, and we will be leaving for the airport before the resort food court opens the next day. So, we have a couple of options:
Option One: Do another two credit meal on Saturday night. We have already chosen Jiko, Cinderella's Royal Table, Brown Derby and Yachtsman. We can either choose to eat at one of those places a second time-- or we can choose something different. Here is a link to the post from last month about "signature dining".
http://neillwdw.blogspot.com/2010/05/dining-where-to-eat-signature-meal.html
Option Two: Do a one credit meal on Saturday night. We can then look into the possibility of going to a restaurant on Saturday (while they are serving breakfast) and getting meals "to go". We can then place these meals in our room fridges and heat them up in the microwave before we leave on Sunday morning. I am sure that we could get something from the resort food court-- we could even try to get a table service meal scheduled, order our food there and then take it back to our room.
A possibility for this is Wolfgang Puck Express. I think that some of their breakfast items could re-heat well. The omelets would be questionable, but I bet the pizzas, the waffles and the french toast would be okay. Downtown Disney is close enough to our resort that it wouldn't be a pain to get these breakfast items and run them back to the hotel that morning.
http://allears.net/menu/menu_wpe.htm
We could also just get something at the resort food court, but there items aren't as exotic and we are already eating here one morning.
http://allears.net/menu/menu_sasgb.htm
Here is something else that I want to run by you... after IoA I was going to have the taxi/van drop us off at Downtown Disney. I was planning on getting dinner there at Raglan Road. However, I am thinking that we will be really tired and we may just want to get a "quick service" or "counter service" meal.
Downtown Disney has two great options for counter service-- both consistently get good reviews. The first is Wolfgang Puck Express:
http://allears.net/menu/menu_wpe.htm
The second is Earl of Sandwich:
http://allears.net/menu/menu_eofs.htm
I was thinking that if you like this idea, I could cancel Wolfgang Puck Cafe for lunch on 9/11 and we can go to Raglan Road for lunch on the 11th. Here is a link to the Raglan Road menu for lunch (a bit different than the dinner one you saw before). We really liked this place last year-- and I dream of the Dalkey Duo:
Adult: http://allears.net/menu/menu_ragl.htm
Childrens: http://allears.net/menu/menu_ragk.htm
What do you think of Option 1 and 2 for Saturday/Sunday? What do you think about a "quick service" meal on Harry Potter day/night and then eating at Raglan Road for Lunch on the 11th?
6 comments:
So I think we should get something the night before to re-heat. That just seems easier.
I really want to eat at Raglan Road, but I don't want to be tired. I'd rather not do it after IOA.
Dirk and I both agree that we wouldn't mind a sit down dinner after Universal. After that long of a day, it might be nice to unwind at the dinner table w/ a big meal instead of going quickly back to the hotel and getting Hayden ready for bed... Plus, if we have to go to Downtown Disney either way, we might as well.. I've eaten at Wolfgang Puck express many times in Minneapolis airport. It's yummy... but I'd rather do sit down.
As for breakfast- reheated bfast food grosses me out. And the hotel menu actually looks just fine. Even though it may be close, it seems like a big hassle to pick up food and bring back to hotel then go back to whatever we were doing.
Sorry to completely disagree w/ you Evan!
But of course- We'll be happy campers w/ whatever decision :)
Sounds great! I just didn't want to push ourselves too much after Universal if we didn't want to. I am totally fine with Raglan Road at night-- especially because there is entertainment. I can get my fish and chips and the Dalkey Duo for lunch or dinner, LOL!
Keep in mind that we can call for the shuttle early, too. If we happen to be tired at IoA and see what we want to see, we don't have to stay until closing. As long as we gauge the time we want to leave and call 3 hours before we will be fine.
FYI-- from the reports that I am reading, it may be best to do the HP land the last part of the day. it seems that everyone waits in line for HP at the beginning of the day, but near the end of the day the land is less crowded. I will keep you updated on any other rumors I hear!
Evan, let us know if you are totally opposed to Raglan Road after IoA.
As for the breakfast, I completely see your point, Laura. I was planning on just getting pancakes or something. =) The food court at the resort won't be open by the time we leave (probably around 5:15 a.m.). However, what we can do is use some of our snack credits the night before and get something for the morning.
That might be better anyway because we can eat while waiting for the plane-- as opposed to trying to eat in the rooms while we are packing an getting ready to board the buses to the airport.
What do you think about the night before? Do you think we should do another two credit meal or just stick to a one credit? Is there anywhere you have read about that looks good?
oops- I forgot the point that the hotel food won't be open by the time we leave. Well, I'm okay w/ whatever you all want to do, then. Either sounds just fine.
I say we do Raglan Road on IoA day and then choose a restaurant for the last night we are there. That would be my vote as well> There will be plenty of things we can use for snacks for the plane/airport-- fruit, danishes, etc.
Go ahead and read through that section of the book-- and let me know if anything calls out to you! We don't have a specific park planned for that day, so if you do find something in a park make sure that there is a possibility that you want to go there and do something. I figure that we could do a few hours in the park and a few at DTD. We can always do a resort restaurant as well! Just let me know so I can make a reservation.
Post a Comment