Okay, so when I went to Joann's to get supplies for Chloe's dress I got some iron on transfer paper. They had a few clearance appliques for 50 cents and I couldn't resist. So I am making more shirts than I said... but they don't have to wear them in FL if they don't want to.They can just be around the house shirts.
Ginny's are on top-- a Belle applique and an iron-on that says "yo ho ho and a bottle of milk"! LOL! I thought it was a really cute twist on the Pirates theme song.
Hayden's are a bouncing Tigger and "pirate in training". I thought that the tigger one would be good for the day we are meeting Tigger and riding the Winnie the Pooh ride. I heard that Tigger really gets a kick out of people wearing shirts with him on it.
I was planning on putting that near the side bottom of the shirt, just for something different and because Tigger may skew a bit younger I think-- and putting it on the bottom side makes it a bit cooler, I think. I was thinking about making one of the mailings from Tigger! =)
Here are the other ideas as a refresher. I thought that the "here we come" could be worn on the plane ride there.
Ginny (I got 12 months since I figured that bigger is better than smaller)?
Purple: Pirate
Pink: Belle
White: Minnie
Yellow: "here we come"
Hayden (I got extra small in the boys section since the toddler shirts had pockets)
Gray: Pirate
Red: "here we come"!
Green: Star Wars
Blue: Tigger
Let me know if you or Hayden completely hate these ideas, and I can use some of these for our Disneyland Trip.
This Underrated EPCOT Spot Just Got Even Better!
12 hours ago



7 comments:
Super cute! I was thinking of doing that Minnie one too! I have a few in mind- I'll have to show you what I already have. I was thinking of doing the iron-on of the "My first Disney vacation"... and I'm going to make a shirt for Ginny in HPotter font w/ her name on it... and maybe one w/ an "H" for Hayden. 12mo. is perfect... hopefully not too small!!! That Toy Story "Jessi" shirt I had her wear for the movie was a 12 mo. and it fit her perfect! Hopefully that one was just running small, b/c all the others I have for her are 12 mo.
Oh- and Hayden will like the Tigger so don't worry about that! And if they have extra shirts, that's perfect b/c I figure 2/day for them.
Ha ha! I was planning on only going a few times and having them weigh some of the packages so I can pre-pay and the mail it when I can. I have stuff planned for each week from here to the Friday before we go, so it should would out. I am sending the countdown chain this week. Hopefully you get it by Sat so you can start pulling links off on that day.
Too funny about the scrapbook stuff. When I am making my scrapbook from the trip, I will just double up the pages and make two of each-- and then mail them to you! That is what I did for a trip a few years ago and it worked out awesomely!
I got some Spiderman stuff on clearance already for Universal IoA! LOL!
I am going to use the iron-ons that I have and then send you the rest-- there will be 9 left in the package!
I found some cool stuff on the "disboards" that I frequent. http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=105
If you click on one of the DISigners threads, they usually have links to their photobucket accounts where you can see and download their creations. You can also ask for custom stuff-- which is what I did for Hayden's start wars shirt but he ended up being on vacation so he couldn't do it.
Just so I am clear-- I meant that I would send you the rest of the blank iron-ons that you can print on. Hopefully that makes sense.
I will send them with the countdown chain!
also-- the 12 month shirts I got were the plain Cherokee ones from Target. What do you think about this brand? Does it run small/large? I can always exchange them before I wash and make the shirts.
I'm not sure on the Cherokee brand- I have yet to have her wear any, but if I remember from Hayden, it was pretty correct in size.
XS for Hayden will be perfect as that is usually the same as 5T
sounds good! I don't know how much Ginny weighs, but the tags say 20-23 pounds. I am assuming they will shrink ever so slightly in the wash, but they should be okay. Let me know if she is 20 pounds or something right now and I will up the size to 18 months! LOL!
Post a Comment