Sunday, June 20, 2010

Why did you do this to me, Delta??

Okay, so I got an email from Expedia. Delta changed your flight from Orlando to SLC on 9/11. It now leaves at 6:00 p.m., which means that you miss your connection from SLC to Missoula.

The only other flight that you can take leaves at 8:00 a.m. which totally cuts into our trip plans because that means the Magical Express will make us board at 5:00 a.m.

Here are our options:
Option #1: You can leave at 8:00 a.m. that morning 9/11, which gives us one less day. We will leave later that day.
Option #2: We try to change the flight to 9/12 (Sunday) and add another night to our stay. There is a flight from Orlando to PHX at 8:00 a.m. that morning as well.

Let me know your thoughts in the comments.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would be comfertable with either option. If I was forced to choose, I would add a day.

Laura Neill said...

This one's up to Dirk b/c he's the one who has school on Monday..

Anonymous said...

yeah, I figured as much. I believe it would put you back in Missoula around

The flight leaves Orlando @8 a.m. and you would arrive in Missoula around 1:30 p.m.

Anonymous said...

BTW, it doesn't really cut into our plans all that much-- we were just planning on doing a 1/2 day in the parks doing shopping at Downtown Disney until we had to board the bus to the airport.

Laura said...

What would be the options for the return flight? I looked up on Expedia what they had listed, and there were quite a few travel plan options. Dirk wouldn't mind coming home on the 12th if it was one of the options that got us home earlier in the day- like around 1pm or so... But the prices are also quite a bit different... are they going to do any price adjusting for you since they changed the flights?

I would like to stay the extra day, and have time to shop at Downtown Disney, but if it means a much higher priced ticket, plus the much more money I'd spend if we stayed that day, then I'd rather get up early and leave Sat.
Also, are we planning on trying to travel the first leg of the trip together? Because if we can't make it work and do that, then let's not bother.

Anonymous said...

The return flight option that they gave me was pretty much the 8:00 a.m. either day.

They aren't going to change the price of the ticket for us, just transfer you to a different flight with Delta. However, I am sure that if I called and requested a specific flight, they would probably give it to me.

I asked about other carriers, but they said that we had to go with Delta because the original flight was with Delta. I think the issue may be with the Missoula leg of the trip and layovers.

Honestly, I don't know why they gave me the information they did. When I am on Expedia, it has no problems connecting me to Missoula from SLC using the 6:00 p.m. flight from Orlando. Sure, it only gives you an hour to get to your new flight, but if they allow you to purchase the ticket on the website, I don't know why they are saying you can't take the 6:00 p.m. flight on 9/11 over the phone.

With the 8:00 am flight they offered, either way you would be leaving early-- it just depends on whether you wanted to leave early on Sat or early on Sunday. If you choose Sunday, I was going to see if we could switch our flight as well and leave with you that morning.

We are flying out of Orlando with Continental-- and they have a flight that leaves around that time. We could ride the bus to the airport together. =)

We weren't planning on traveling with you on the flight home together (only the flight there), so that isn't an issue.

I am going to give them a call tomorrow and see if they will give us the 6:00 p.m. flight on 9/11 and mention the website. If not, we will be back in this situation, but at least I have some "ammo" to go at them with-- maybe they will cave.

LAura said...

There are 3 Delta flights leaving at 8am... 2 of which arrive in MSLA at 6:15pm, and one, which connects in Minneapolis/St. Paul which arrives @ 1:26pm. We would prefer this one and get home earlier. Plus- one of the other 8am flights has 2 connections, so I want to make sure they're not putting us on that.

1 hr in/bw flights is no biggie for us.

Anonymous said...

yes, I would definitely make sure that you arrived in Missoula on the 1:26 p.m. flight. I really hope that we can get you on the 6:00 one, though!

We shall see! I will email you tomorrow as soon as I have details!

Anonymous said...

YAY! Delta did change the flight to the next day for us. We all leave on 9/12. We got you the flight that arrives in Missoula at 1:30 p.m. (the one that routed through Minneapolis).

All I have to do is call Disney and get another night in our rooms!