As you can see, our plans to the right are revised a little bit. I found out that Magic Kingdom was closing early on 9/10 for a special event, so the touring plan people are telling me to avoid the park. I moved it to 9/7 and changed our dinner reservations. We can go to Disney Hollywood studios on our last day, 9/10.
You will also see updated crowd estimates. Instead of being 4s and 5s, some are at a level of 1 or 2. Amazing! Obviously the busiest days are Labor Day weekend, but I liked hearing that some of the crowd levels will be really low!
There are a few reasons why I chose Epcot for our first days.
- It is the largest park-- we will have more energy near the beginning of the trip
- Crowd levels-- since it is a larger park, crowds are more dispersed. Epcot is 2x larger than the Magic Kingdom, meaning a "5" or "6" at Epcot and Animal Kingdom (our second park) will feel less crowded than a "6" at the Magic Kingdom
- Hayden probably won't like it-- why not start with the least cool right of the bat? I would hate to take him to MK or AK first and then have him be disappointed and bored. We can get Epcot out of the way and move onto other parks.
Here is what I am thinking as a tentative plan for the first day. I don’t have my book with me, but I want to add in the “little things” that we might want to check out. For example, the splash fountain and Club Cool sound interesting. We will also make sure that Hayden has a chance to do the “Kid Cot” stations in the world showcase.
Laura: Have you thought about an autograph book for Hayden? If not, I would like to make him one. I wanted to make one that includes a “passport” pages for the different countries in Epcot. The ‘natives’ will write personal messages to him in their native language. Sadly, there are no “click click” languages so Dirk will not feel at home in World Showcase. LOL!
7:00 Take bus to Magic Kingdom. Tell driver that we would like to go to the Polynesian
Resort. If he can’t take us there, take the Monorail from MK to the Polynesian.
Resort. If he can’t take us there, take the Monorail from MK to the Polynesian.
8:00 Ohana breakfast with Lilo and Stitch
Walk 10 minutes to the Transportation and Ticket Center
Board Monorail to Epcot
Ride Soarin’-- Everyone except Paula and Ginny
Ride Soarin’-- Everyone except Evan and Ginny (L, D, and H ride a second time with P)
Ride Soarin’-- Everyone except Evan and Ginny (L, D, and H ride a second time with P)
Ride Living with the Land
See Circle of Life
Tour “The Seas with Nemo and Friends” and ride “Finding Nemo”
See Turtle Talk with Crush
Ride Journey Into Imagination
See Captain E-O
12:05 Coral Reef Lunch
Explore Innoventions West, Disney Visa Character Greet @ 1:30 p.m. (free 5X7)
Club Cool
"Mom, I Can't Believe It's Disney Fountain"
Club Cool
"Mom, I Can't Believe It's Disney Fountain"
Go back to the hotel for naps/swimming
Return to Epcot (leave hotel around 4:00-4:30 ish?)
Go to Canada and watch “O’Canada”
Explore the United Kingdom
Go to France and see “Impressions de France
7:05 Biergarten Dinner
Depart Epcot
Let me know what you think and if you have anything to add to this plan. The rest of the major attractions will be done our second day there, but if you see something I missed in these areas of the park, please let me know.
Also, let me know if there is something that you absolutely will not do. All of the attractions on this day are things Hayden can ride, so that is a good thing!
10 comments:
I just realized that the change-- going to DHS so late in the trip will result in STAR TOURS being closed.
Possible Solution: Do Hollywood studios on the 6th (Monday) and move our second day at Epcot to the 10th.
Thoughts?
what is this "Explore Innoventions West, Disney Visa Character Greet @ 1:30 p.m. (free 5X7)" ??
I agree that it would be best to go to a more "boring" place first.
I'll add more notes on details of what sounds fun to me later...
Innoventions is a place where there are science center type exhibits. However, there is some "exclusive" meet and greet with the characters if you have a Disney Visa (which we do). If we go, they give us a free 5*7 picture, which is nice. We just show up, get our picture taken, and get a free picture. It is always "random" characters, so you never know who you will get.
I just read over this part in the book- Sounds like a great plan! I'm getting so excited! I had NO idea half the stuff at WDW was attractions like these... I always had it in my head that it was just a bunch of rollercoasters!
I am glad you are excited! I am not one for many roller coasters, but the ones at WDW are tame. That and the look of them is so cool that they aren't just roller coasters-- there are stories behind them, which makes them so much cooler!
We just got some DVDs called "Disney Parks" in the mail from Amazon. I am going to mail Hayden something every other week from the different characters and one week will be a DVD. Other weeks will be the autograph book, the Star Wars shirt etc.
Does Dirk have a preference for SITH or JEDI? Also, does Ginny have a preference for Minnie or Snow White? I was going to send one for her too...
That sounds fun. We just got a little info packet that came in a train envelope, and Hayden got really excited over Mickey and Donald being on the train!
Definitely Jedi. And either Minnie or Snow White is good for Ginny. I'm going to make some fun shirts for them pretty soon, now that I have the supplies.
I think I will do a simple minnie one since I already have something for that. I am also going to do a "my first disney vacation one, but those are the only ones I will worry about.
I am planning on making an autograph book for Hayden as well! I am putting the first thing in the Mail tomorrow!
Is Imagination! Pavilion a big enough thing that it needs to be added in to the plan, or are you just considering that part of Innoventions West?
Great question!
The imagination pavilion is like "the land". "The Land" consists of three attractions-- Soarin', Living with the Land and the "Circle of Life".
In Imagination, there is just the Imagination ride and "Honey I Shrunk the Audience"-- which will be Captain EO when we are there.
The only other thing is the "Kodak Imageworks" something or other-- which is essentially part of the "Journey into Imagination" ride.
You go on the ride and then exit through the place Kodak "What If" Lab-- So I didn't add that as something separate. I hope that makes sense.
Post a Comment