ONE WEEK from today we will be sitting on a plane traveling from SLC to Orlando! AhhH!
I am finally doing a touring plan for Universal! I have been following people going to WWoHP on the message boards for some time now. They state to either go to WWoHP in a few hours before the park closes or get in line before it opens. The issues with waiting until the end of the day are:
1) I would feel rushed knowing we couldn’t spend as long as we wanted to.
2) The recommendations to go later the day were from people who went when the park had extended hours. 9-6 are the hours on the day we go (we have dinner reservations at 6:30 for Raglan Road. So I was thinking about arranging a pick up for 5:30 p.m.
So, here a tentative plan. You will notice that Ollivander’s is missing, and that is because the line for that place is estimated to be 2 hours. They bring 25 people in and they only pick one or two for the demonstration. To me, it isn’t worth it. If it is to you, some of us could wait in line while the others rode rides. I don’t know how the kids would do in a line that long though. Let me know waht you think....
I didn’t know when to break for lunch, so I just made a list of attractions and we can wing it when we get there.
7:15 a.m. pick up from Port Orleans (eat at food court)
8:00 a.m. arrive at Universal
Get in line for Harry Potter. Reports say that even thought the park doesn’t open until 9 for “non resort guests” (those staying on property get early entry to HP), they sometimes let non-resort people in to HP at 8:30-8:45 a.m.
Forbidden Journey (Ginny, Hayden and Evan wait in Hogsmeade, as I don’t think Evan will fit on the ride).
Dragon Challenge (Everyone but Paula, Ginny and Hayden).
Flight of the Hippogriff (Everyone but ___ and Ginny). I could skip this one, honestly.
Should we leave shopping for the end of the day so we aren’t carrying bags? Let me know. Many of the HP merchandise can be found at the front of the parks, so we may not have to trek all the way back there at the end of the day.
Hulk Coaster (Paula, Ginny and Hayden wait)—perhaps ride Storm Force Accelatron?
Doctor Doom’s FearFall? (Does anyone care about this one)?
Spiderman (Paula and Ginny wait)
Spiderman (Evan and Ginny wait)
Dudley Do-Right’s Ripsaw Falls (Hayden, Paula and Ginny at “Me Ship—the Olive”)
Popeye and Bluto’s Bilge Rat Barges (Evan and Ginny wait)
Jurassic Park River Adventure (Paula and Ginny wait)
Jurassic Park River Adventure (Evan and Ginny wait)
Lunch at Three Broomsticks
Cat in the Hat
Caro-seuss-el
One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish
High in the Sky Seuss Trolley Train (Maybe we can skip a couple of these, depending on how the day is going).
Go to Universal. I am just going to list of major attractions. Please let me know what you “must do” and what you could live without. We will only have a couple of hours here (I am assuming). I have added my comments.
Rip Ride Rocket (line may be too long, someone would need to wait with Hayden and Ginny)
The Simpson’s Ride (this looks promising, Ginny can’t ride)
E.T. Adventure—the whole family
Revenge of the Mummy (looks good, Hayden and Ginny can’t ride)
|
Men in Black Alien Attack (a lot like Buzz Lightyear and Toy Story Midway Mania? Is it necessary to do another ride like this? Ginny can’t ride)
Jaws – the whole family
Disaster!—I could skip. You are just put on the tram in an earthquake, a lot like the Back Lot tour at Hollywood studios.
Shrek 4-D—whole family
Twister—scary for Hayden, not really itching to go.
Terminator 2: 3-D
Possible Shows?--
Animal Actors (we will see animals at AK)
Beetlejuice Rock ‘n’ Roll Revue (I saw this in CA, and liked it as a child, but Hayden may be a bit young)
Horror Make-Up Show (I can just watch DVD special features)
Fear Factor Live (watched the show occasionally, but really no interest in this show).
As far as food is concerned, I would love to do the Three Broomsticks. However, I also want the green eggs and ham sandwich from the Dr. Seuss island. Maybe I will convince Evan to split that sandwich with me and then we can split a meal at the Three Broomsticks. Hmm. I hear that the Green Eggs and Ham place is only open every once in a while, so we will have to see.
Go ahead and take a look at your Unofficial Guide and see if there is anything I missed any of your "must dos" at Universal or IoA.
Here is an update on the weather:
Friday, August 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Do you have any idea how much you probably just ruined Dirk's day b/c of that Ollivander's info?! He's going to be sooooooo upset... actually, I wouldn't doubt if he just waits in line and hopes to get in! That's kind of a bummer... too bad they are trying to be SO realistic, that they can't have multiple stations to let more people through. I was really looking forward to that. Can you buy a realistic wand without doing the experience?
Everything else I'll look at and answer this evening...
I like this plan. It does suck that we can't all do the wand thing, but oh well.
If I don't fit on that ride, it's okay as well.
Thanks for doing this.
By this time in one week we will be asleep in our beds at POFQ. Just saying.
Here is what I am thinking. If Evan can't fit and the line isn't awful at Ollivanders, we can have him wait in line with the kids while we ride FJ. Then I can wait with the kids while you all ride Dragon Challenge. Then we do Ollivanders. How do we get Hayden or Dirk to get picked? Any ideas?
With five of us there, and if they have 25 people, we have a 20% chance that one of us will get picked. I am willing to make a pact that if I get picked, I will give it to Dirk.
Yes, you can buy a wand without ollivanders... They have a wand cart in Hogsmeade. You can also get one at the front of the park.
my only concern is making others in line upset about the line swapping, you know?
I bet people won't have a problem w/ line swapping... I bet lots of people do that sort of thing.
That sounds like a good plan. I still haven't had a chance to look at all these- sorry! I had a yucky sick day so did not accomplish anything at all :(
Post a Comment