Tuesday, August 24, 2010

10 DAYS, 10 DAYS!

I can’t believe it is so close. This past week has flown by, mostly because I have been so busy I haven’t had a chance to think.

I received all of my “stuff” in the mail. The Camelbak and monopod are perfect, and I love the Gorillapod. I am glad I bought one. Everything should fit into the backpack with no problems—with the exception of the Monopod.

Ginny—would you mind giving up a bit of stroller space for that? LOL!

I am excited about the monopod because I can tape all the shows. When we were kids we LOVED watching the home videos of us on vacation and even watched the shows! It was like a movie to us. I may get another memory card for the camcorder… I am unsure.

Anyway, I want to tape the shows and the monopod will help keep things steady! It is really lightweight and extends to be as tall (maybe a bit taller) than I am. PERFECT for the shows where we have to stand (Pirates’ Tutorial and Jedi Training Academy- hoping Hayden gets picked, the fireworks, etc).

This morning I completed our online Check-In! This will speed up the process when we get there and allow us to bypass the longer lines.


I also checked the forecast for our first few days we are there! It looks like our first day at Epcot will be hot, but the other days call for some showers. I will keep checking as they add more information to the website. We have 17 emergency ponchos ready to pack. Do you think we need more for the rides and possible rain?


As far as my last minute plans, I need to create and laminate a stroller sign for Ginny, make a packing list so I don’t forget the little things (like our retractable Sharpie for the character autographs), the hand sanitizers, etc.

What are the last minute things you need to take care of?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

One thing I forgot to mention is that people with longer hair usually bring a brush or comb into the park so that they can comb through their hair if it happens to get wet on a water ride!

Laura-- this means you. Ginny and I are two peas in pod with our styles.

Laura Neill said...

ooohhh.... Thanks for the brush idea! I hadn't thought of that!!

We have quite a few emergency ponchos as well.

I am thinking of packing some $2 old navy flip flops for the 3 of us to put on for rides where we know we'll get wet so our shoes don't get wet... do you think that will be needed?

I'm working on utilizing every inch of our stroller. I'm figuring out all the places where I can attach things where it's not normally used for storage. How small does the monopod go down to? I absolutely LOVE my gorrilapod!!! I've used it quite a few times this summer and have been very surprised with how well it holds up my super heavy camera!

I still have a few things to make a few things coming in the mail. I still have some t-shirts to make, some accessories for the stroller and kids, and Dirk wants a Goofy shirt, so I'm waiting for my heat transfer to come in the mail so I can make that... hope it comes in time!

I'm usually super planned and prepared for things, but I've hardly planned at all! I just barely started writing my lists of things to bring and do just yesterday! I feel a little rushed, especially since I also have TONS of YW stuff to get done before I leave.

Anyway- I can't wait!!

Anonymous said...

I think the flip idea is a great one! your shoes really do get soaked sometimes and it is miserable. I figure we will only need them on the AK day, the day we do Splash and Universal.

The monopod is pretty small. It is probably 2 inches wide and about 21-22 inches long. Really lightweight--it could tuck in the corner of the bottom pocket stroller-- or we could attach it to handle of the stroller.... Not where you grasp, but the vertical one. I could rig something up for that actually.

It actually has a little case with a shoulder strap. Maybe we can just stick the shoulder strap and tighten it around the handles that Hayden uses?

It wouldn't intrude on his seat or handles at all... it would run flush with that bar. I don't even know if I am making sense anymore!

Let me know what-- if anything-- I can do! Do you need us to pack some diapers in our stuff? Some formula for you? Let us know! We will have extra room (we are carrying two carry-ons, for souvenir purposes... so they need to be filled for the trip there!

Laura Neill said...

I was thinking the same thing for the monopod- I'm thinking I could attach a little velcro sinch strap to hold it in place, right where you are thinking.
I'm not sure if we'll need room yet... I still have not checked anything out as far as space goes.

I need to call the hotel and ask them the best way to have something mailed there for me to pick up. I was going to order some diapers on amazon and have them mailed... unless you guys want to put them in your carry-ons?

Anonymous said...

We can totally carry on the diapers, no problem! Save the hassle of shipping.

Just let us know how many, what kind and what size! We can also grab anything else Ginny needs, food, etc. Just make a list and we will go to the store!