Friday, August 6, 2010

I am so bored at work today I could just cry…

Which is why I am writing this post. Just so you know, Evan was a sweetheart earlier this week and called to requested a top floor room. He also double checked and you have a crib on your reservation. Only 18 more days until I can complete our online check-in and 28 days until we leave! I can’t believe it is so close!

I hope you are all getting excited as well… and that Hayden has been enjoying his gifts from the characters.

Because I am bored today and only have a small frozen meal for lunch, I am going to dream about Disney Food!

Cinderella’s Royal Table— don’t expect awesome food here. While Evan loved his pork chop and salad, the rest of the food was “meh”. The reason we are dining here is because we are EATING INSIDE THE CASTLE.

I am split between two appetizers here. I had the corn and crab chowder last year, and I remember it being good but not memorable. Evan had the BLT salad and raved about the dressing.

BLT Salad - Applewood Smoked Bacon, Tomato, Egg, Red Onion, and a wedge of Iceberg Lettuce drizzled with Roasted Shallot Vinaigrette

Corn and Crab Soup - with Sour Cream and Chives

As for my entrée, Evan loved the his pork chop last year, so I may get that. The chicken last year was good, but once again, not memorable. The prime rib could be good, but I already plan on getting beef at several restaurants, so I would probably choose the pork or chicken. I would choose the Salmon as well, but I am planning on having Salmon elsewhere.

Pork Chop - with Bacon and Mushroom Ragout and Red Bliss Mashed Potatoes finished with Sweet Chipotle Glaze

Lemon Lavender Chicken - on Mashed Potatoes served with Wilted Spinach and a Chicken Jus

Roast Prime Rib of Beef - with Grilled Asparagus, Roasted Potatoes, and Cabernet Sauce

Pan Seared Salmon - with a grain Pilaf, Grilled Asparagus, and glazed with Rosemary-Lemon Honey

As for dessert, I remember not being impressed with the “buckle” last year. I thought it was rather dry. The sorbet is “no sugar added”, but I would need to find out the flavors first. I think I may have crème brulee the next day at Coral Reef, so I don’t really want to get it here. I guess it depends on the flavor.

Chocolate Cream Cheese Buckle - A single layer of Chocolate Cake stuffed with Cream Cheese topped with Créme Chantily and finished with Créme Anglaise Sauce

Seasonal No Sugar Added Sorbet - with berries

Seasonal Cremé Brulée

My dream would be to order the Cinderella Slipper Dessert (one for each couple). You have to call 48 hours in advance for this beauty, and we would get this on top of a regular dessert? Too much? Probably. But I am still considering it, I don’t know why. Sometimes it is all chocolate and sometimes the shoe is white chocolate.

No comments: