Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Plan for Our Last Day~

Since we will have another day at WDW because of the flight situation, we will want to make tentative plans for that day as well. We already have our meals planned for breakfast and lunch, but I must say that I am questioning the choice of Boma. Essentially, I was planning on a day and a half at animal kingdom, but I am thinking that we should really only plan one full day there… and then we can choose, when we are there, which park we want to see our last day.

As such, Boma is really “out of the way” when it comes to the other parks—it is at Animal Kindgom Lodge. AKL is far away from most of the parks, and it would take some travel time.  I am thinking that we may want to choose something in a centralized location—perhaps something at an Epcot or Monorail resort. We can still go to Animal Kingdom that day if we want, but there would be less “hassle” if we didn’t want to go there.  What do you think?

We are eating at a few places already, but there are others we can choose from. Whether or not we do Boma is really up to you. 

Grand Floridian

Contemporary

Yacht Club

Beach Club

On that day I am thinking that we could go to a park for half a day, go Miniature Golfing at Winter Summerland or Fantasia Gardens, and then do some shopping at Downtown Disney (some shopping can also be done after we go to Harry Potter and eat at Raglan Road on 9/9).

We already have reservations for Wolfgang Puck Café at noon (9/11). I am thinking of pushing that to 1:00 p.m. so we have three and a half hours in the park of our choice. We can then eat and go back to our hotel for a rest. After that, we might want to go mini golfing that evening (we get vouchers for this in our travel packages) At 5:00 p.m. (when Blizzard Beach closes) we can catch the last bus out of Blizzard Beach and shop for a bit at Downtown Disney. After shopping we could go to dinner at around 7:00 or 7:30 p.m.

Evan is thinking that it might be nice to do another 2 credit place. We looked at the menus, and of the three we don’t have scheduled (see below), we think the California Grill might be fun. We would be eating dinner on the 15th floor, and afterwards we can go to the viewing deck and watch the fireworks from there. Evan said he wouldn’t mind trying Narcoosee’s again—there are things he would order there, he would just order any sauces on the side and avoid the gratin potatoes.


Let me know what you think! =)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course we don't have to go mini-golfing and we could probably get our shopping done at other times (since DTD is so close to the resort). We could also do a full day in the parks. I think we could really just play it by ear that day, you know? Do what we want to do and enjoy our last day in FL. =)

Also, just so you know, because of Dirk's job situation Evan and I have decided to pay the tips at WDW as well. All you need to do is buy any extras you need at the parks. =)

Laura Neill said...

I like this idea. Hayden would LOVE miniature golfing. He likes the idea of golfing, and I've been wanting to take him sometime. Something a little low key sounds fun. I've heard a lot of really good stuff about the Contemporary resort and the views and stuff- isn't that where the California Grill is? That sounds like fun to eat up that high and watch fireworks :)
As far as the b-fasts- I was going to choose one of the two at the Contemporary just b/c I'd like to check it out, so those sound good, but I've also read quite a few times that 1900 park fare is really fun, so if we're going to do the Contemporary for dinner/fireworks, my choice would be 1900 park fare.

oh, and just so you know- you two are seriously the most amazing family ever and we love you tons and tons and we can't wait to spend a week and a half with you!!!

Anonymous said...

we were thinking the same thing! We can then have a meal at the Contemporary (CA Grill) and at the Grand Floridian (1900 park fare). I am going to keep the reservation for Boma as well. If we end up wanting to go the AK that last morning, we can go to Boma. If we end up going somewhere else, we can go to 1900 park fare. We can just play it by ear-- with that meal and the rest of the day.

We can't wait either! It seems so close and so far away at the same time! =)

Anonymous said...

I made a ressie at CA Grill and 1900 park fare. The CA Grill one is really early, so I will try and get a later one at some point. =)

Even if we don't, we can always go up and see the fireworks that night. Eating there at any time of the night will allow us to see the fireworks, I think.

I am going to keep Boma and 1900 for breakfast so we have two options for breakfast.

It looks like the counter service place at the Contemporary has some great stuff for breakfast items (muffins, etc as "snack credits") for the next day-- so on our way "home" we can grab some for the next morning.