Monday, July 19, 2010

1 Month, 15 Days~

I can't believe it! When we started the countdown we were exactly four months away!

I can't wait. In order to pass the time, I plan on...
  • Creating a Pre-Trip Report on the "disboards" I frequent
  • Reading about other people's trip plans, previous trips, and dining reviews on the "DIS" to get excited
  • Planning out what outfits to take
  • Planning what to eat
  • Making pocket sized touring plan cards
  • Making a list of items to purchase (aka more shorts/Capris-- I will be taking a pair of jeans for "nice dinners", suction cup toothbrush holder)
  • Start going on walks every other day to get used to the heat. (Hopefully my white legs will tan by then).
What are your plans for the next 6.5 weeks? 

4 comments:

Laura said...

How did I not see this post until now?
Sounds like a good list. I'm constantly thinking of what to bring on this trip and how to make things easy and convenient.
I still have no clue what I'm wearing, as most of my cute clothes still do not fit, and my very few cute fat clothes I purchased a couple months ago are now looking frumpy :( I've decided this year that buying clothes in advance for me just doesn't work, so maybe like the week before we leave I'll go on a shopping spree!
I still am thinking about what to do for our stroller to set it apart from all the others. It is lime green, but I'd still like to do something to make it more noticeable... any ideas?
As we get closer, I'm thinking about all the little things that make traveling w/ kids easier... such as making sure I have a sippy cup belt so we don't lose cups/bottles... or stroller fans... or how to best use the compartments on my stroller and is there a way to create more compartments...
oh! that reminds me... I need to order some ID wrist bands for Hayden!

Anonymous said...

One month two days!!!

Yes... you should totally go on shopping spree before we go... you will get some money coming in, right? Perfect timing!

I am thinking that something tied to the handle may work... maybe a piece of fabric of some sort. I am planning on making a sign for the stroller as well, with something cute on it. I will have Evan come up with something clever.

Stroller fans and sippy cup belts.. these things sound awesome!

For our hydration, we were thinking about getting a camelbak water pack things. That way each family has one. Nothing too big, just enough for water for a half day or so. Much easier than carrying around bottles for the adults, I think. Let us know if you want us to pick one up for you and Dirk!

We were also thinking of picking up a couple of batter powered mister fans. Maybe we could keep those in Ginny's compartments as well? I know that last year I couldn't bring myself to buy one at the parks, but I wanted one SO BAD. We were planning on getting a couple. Let me know what you think of that idea as well.

Just let us know what you need us to buy for you, and we can.

Anonymous said...

One month two days!!!

Yes... you should totally go on shopping spree before we go... you will get some money coming in, right? Perfect timing!

I am thinking that something tied to the handle may work... maybe a piece of fabric of some sort. I am planning on making a sign for the stroller as well, with something cute on it. I will have Evan come up with something clever.

Stroller fans and sippy cup belts.. these things sound awesome!

For our hydration, we were thinking about getting a camelbak water pack things. That way each family has one. Nothing too big, just enough for water for a half day or so. Much easier than carrying around bottles for the adults, I think. Let us know if you want us to pick one up for you and Dirk!

We were also thinking of picking up a couple of batter powered mister fans. Maybe we could keep those in Ginny's compartments as well? I know that last year I couldn't bring myself to buy one at the parks, but I wanted one SO BAD. We were planning on getting a couple. Let me know what you think of that idea as well.

Just let us know what you need us to buy for you, and we can.

Laura said...

ooh... a camelback is a good idea! We actually have one, so no wories there... A mister fan sounds good too- I think I just saw some at Walmart the other day. I picked up some really cute disney ribbon the other day- it's a grosgrain type, about 1" wide. I got some w/ pink minnies, toy story, and just a generic red/yellow mickey on black. I wanted to make something cute with them... Maybe I could come up with something for the stroller for that!
I'm getting so excited. I love planning for trips and getting organized! I don't know why- most people hate it, but I think it just makes it seem like the trip is that much sooner if I'm constantly thinking about it!