Did we talk about maybe going to one of the waterparks? I can't remember and I can't seem to find it on here, but I was talking to Dirk like we were going to one, and now I wonder if I'm crazy?
We are trying to work out our budget since our money is coming today. How much did you spend and how much did you buy on souvenirs last year? We don't mind spending a little much on a souvenir, but we are also picky in what we choose, to make sure it's not just junk or something you could easily get elsewhere. We don't have a Disney store anywhere near us, so we might want to stock up on some things that we wouldn't really go out of our way to buy form online, such as costumes for the future, and stuff for Ginny when she gets older. Basically, just because this is a special occasion we will probably spend more on fun things for our kids then we would normally budget in to our every day life... so now we just have to figure out how much to budget for this trip! I don't know if you can even give me an idea... Do you maybe have a link of common gift shop items with prices?
Also- I have free 2 day Amazon Prime shipping, so I think I'll just mail the diapers to you so you can pack them in your suitcases. That way you don't have to go to the store and try to find the right kinds. I'm going to start packing today, so I'll let you know if I need you to bring anything else for us, but I think since we can now have luggage for Hayden, we should be okay.
I think umbrellas would be a good option. We have a couple small ones that hardly take up any room that we will be bringing. We also have a rain cover that covers the entire stroller, so that will be good to keep all our gear safe. I plan on putting that over the stroller when we park it and leave. I've read many many stories of people coming out of a 15 minute show when there were no clouds in site when they went in, to them coming out to a soaking wet stroller!
p.s.- sorry for all my terrible writing and run-on sentences and terrible paragraph structure! I hope it's not hard to read! Usually when I'm writing these, I'm just spilling out my thoughts from my mind as they come without even paying attention to grammar! I'm usually better than that, I promise! I just write like I speak! ;)
Saturday, August 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
grr... why does it always mess up my paragraphs?! I hate typing in HTML format- I'll go back and fix it... :(
Sounds good about the diapers. Just let me know if you need us to pick anything else up. No, we are not planning on a water park. I am not a huge fan of water and didn' think that adding $50 to each ticket for a few hours in the water park. I figured that the other parks were a better bet so we can get all the major things this trip. Tell him we will do water parks next time, LOL. As for souveniers, we didn't get a lot last year. I think we probably spent a couple hundred. Things are pretty expensive, though. For example, an embroidered onesie for my niece cost 19, ornaments for other family members were around 15-20. Maybe areound $400? We are taking care of tips still, so no worries there.
Post a Comment