Purchases: I have been spending too much lately. I know that. I told myself 3 days ago that I would stop, but it didn’t work. Here are the recent purchases for the trip.
New Phones: I bought them used online, but we are upgrading to smartphones. I figure that I can get the app for the WDW lines and we can text when we get off a ride, for example.
Monopod: For videotaping the shows. A tripod was too cumbersome. This is perfect.
Never Let Me Go: A new book to read (the movie comes out this fall).
Book about photography: I want to take nice pictures with my Point and Shoot (even though its not fancy). This may help. Also, the more I know what I am doing, the more I can justify a camera upgrade when we have kids. This was recommended on a blog I read—she said that after reading this book her camera made sense.
New Shoes: So that I have shoes for each outfit’s “color scheme”. I realized that if I change one of my outfits I won’t need the black, so I am planning on doing that. All I will need are the tan, the white ones I have, and the dark brown ones. I will take the black ones back.
Gorillapod: I know you have one, but I wanted one as well.
Camelbak: 100oz with a couple of pockets for “stuff”. I am going to be carrying the video and still camera. This bag will hold hand sanitizer, my little journal/touring plan book, my touring plan “book”, and the Gorillapod/monopod. We may have to make Ginny carry the emergency ponchos. =)
The only thing that I still need to get is a pair of jean shorts, Moleskin (which saved our lives last year) and some nice smelling hand sanitizer for our bags (Bath and Body Works). I also want to purchase some emergency ponchos. Here is what I am thinking, poncho wise:
• 1 for Kali River Rapids
• 1 for Jurassic Park
• 1 for other IoA water ride
• 3 extra for rainy afternoons.
That is 6 ponchos per person x 5 people. We can just stick a couple in Ginny’s bag each day, as needed. What do you think?
This weekend we are going through Evan’s side of the closet to determine what outfits he has. He will be taking 4 pairs of shorts, a pair of jeans for the nice dinners and shirts, of course. I will post his outfit selections once we figure them out (we may have to go shopping for a few more t-shirts).
++++++
Setting Expectations: Quirks
Evan and I have some weird practices—and we want to communicate them up front.
Paula: I will be taking a picture of every food we eat. I will also be asking you what you thought of your food, as I am writing dining reviews for the DISboards.
Evan: likes to look in every gift shop after we exit a ride, but never buys anything.
What are your quirks? What other expectations should we set before we go and hang out with each other for a week?
Friday, August 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
I think it's fine that we all have our quirks. It's what makes a trip fun.
I see the gift shops at the end of the rides as an extension of the ride. So I like to peruse them. :)
I will make you stop and pose for more pictures than you've ever done in your life. And you'll probably get sick of it. I'll stop in the middle of a huge heard of people going against me, just so I can get a good shot of something. I apologize in advance. Please bear with me.
Also, I'm a mother and over prepare for everything. So I'll probably have TONS of stuff we're towing around, which I'll need help carrying as we get on/off the bus.. I'm working on condensing it, but I'm not promising any miracles ;)
It's good you got a gorillapod, b/c there are different ones for different cameras and I don't think mine would work for yours and vice versa.
oh- and I love both your quirks, b/c I love doing both of those things!
I think Dirk's quirks are he gets grouchy in crowds ;)
We love stopping and posing for pictures-- Evan is now used to that because of me and my family-- he didn't grow up with that, so it took 8 years, but he has come around.
Everyone stops in front of everyone to get good shots at WDW-- you won't be alone in that! That is what is great about the slow season, less people to worry about!
I figured about the stuff and being a mom. We were always planning on helping with all the stuff, changing diapers, etc.
Laura, I would appreciate it if you would write a post about Hayden and potential meltdowns. How will you/we handle those and how can we help (if at all) in those situations. What should we expect and do?
We are much more comfortable with the kids on my side, so we know "how to handle them", so to speak, but didn't know if you had thought about our "role" as uncle and aunt. What should we help enforce when it comes to your rules, what shouldn't we worry about, etc.
Post a Comment