I was thinking about the kids today and various things we may want to think about… when you are all unpacked and settled from your Utah trip, let me know what you think.
1) Diapers, formula and food for Ginny—Do these take up a lot of room—like a whole suitcase worth? I don’t know how much you will need to pack. One option is ordering these items and having them shipped to the resort for when we get there. For example, if we order from Amazon, it would be free shipping, and checking luggage is $15 a bag. That being said, we could also order from gardengrocer.com and order a few things. They are in the Orlando area. POST EDIT: Since you mentioned using G diapers, this may be less of an issue since the inserts are smaller than actual diapers. 2) I am thinking about making a sign for Ginny’s stroller and/or designating it in some other way. In a sea of strollers, we want to be able to identify it quickly. Do you have any ideas?
3) Have you thought about rain? Evan and I brought umbrellas with us last time. I wouldn’t mind getting some “nice” ponchos for this trip though, ones that we can re-use for the wet rides and in the case of rain. I have actually heard that the Disney ponchos are nice and durable and a “good price”. I was thinking about checking out a sporting goods store. If we buy them at Disney we may have a hard time spotting each other in crowds, LOL! Another thing to think about is rain with Ginny—do you have a rain cover for your stroller? What do you think about that idea for her?
4) What is Ginny’s schedule? Does she have one, or is she pretty laid back? I know that she can nap in the stroller, but I am just curious as to what to expect with her. Does she eat with you, between our meals… ? I really don’t know the day to day life with a baby and want to be prepared! =) Just so you know, I confirmed that POFQ has refrigerators in all the rooms. If we needed to heat water/bottles/food, we can always use the baby care stations in the parks.
5) How does Hayden feel about pirates and looking like a pirate? If he likes pirates and would like to look like a pirate (complete with teeth, sword, bandanna, earring) let me know! There is a special place where they train pirates called the “Pirates League”!

2 comments:
Formula takes up a lot of room, but by then she should be using food as well, which takes up less room. We've already purchased a new "bottle system" w/ the drop in inserts so we only have to have one bottle instead of multiples that have to be washed. I haven't done the planning out yet of how much we'll need. We get our formula w/ WIC and food w/ foodstamps, so I'd rather pay $15 for an extra bag, then pay for all that stuff from elsewhere. (one can of formula costs $15 and she'll need about 3 for the trip)
She does not need bottles or food warmed up. She eats randomly, about every 3 hrs right now, though the schedule will probable change by the time we get there. We can prop a bottle in the stroller to feed her, or Hayden is very good at standing on the back and feeding her, or if we need to, whoever is not riding the ride w/ her can feed her. She has a schedule where she is usually very sleeping and groggy and napping until about 10-11 am, then naps 2-3 times during the day, (sometimes some short cat-naps in/b/w) then she'll go to bed around 9 if things are settled down enough, she'll stay asleep.
We already purchased the stroller rain cover and we have a uv-ray/bug net cover too if we feel we need that. (though it's not joovy, and I have yet to make sure it fits). We have rain jackets, but they're not water "proof" just resistant. I wouldn't mind getting a bit nicer one that could be re-used that would actually be water-proofed...
I'll look around and see what I can find.
I will not be using gDiapers on our trip. I don't want to deal w/ hauling around dirty diapers all day in our bags and having to make sure I have enough or have to wash them in the middle of the trip. We will be doing regular disposables, though THAT is something that I could order from amazon or somewhere and have them shipped, b/c diapers take up TONS of room!
Hayden is just barely learning about the fun of pirates and getting in to them. I bet he'd like that- I'd seen a bit about it and it looks fun. We'll have to see if he gets more in to pirates to make it worth it.
I completely agree with you about the food. You know what might be even better than Amazon-- letting us know what to buy. We can pack her diapers-- which she will use there, and on the way back that space can be used for souvenirs.
She sounds a lot like me-- groggy until 10 a.m.! Although I don't get 2-3 naps per day, unfortunately. =)
My only issue with rain jackets is that they would be a hassle to carry around the parks. Usually in FL it will rain in the afternoon-- or it will threaten rain, and it will pass rather quickly. Enough to wish you had something on, but you never know when you will need it. That is why I would suggest ponchos-- those are lightweight, something we can carry in our bags without adding weight. If we end up not needing them, they aren't too heavy. Also, they work well for the rides since you can cover your butt and upper legs.They won't keep us 100% dry, but we won't be miserable. Let me know what you find about the rain jackets, though-- it would be nice to have something that you can use after the trip.
Post a Comment