Tuesday, June 1, 2010
Possible New Deal: Cancel Marty?
Okay, so I just found this deal that may help us when it comes to Universal. Essentially, if I buy tickets through a certain website, we can get travel to/from Universal for FREE! We would get a 1 day, 2 park ticket (meaning we can park hop between Universal and Islands of Adventure) that day in addition to transportation by the Mears (the same company that does the Disney Magical Express buses).
Mears would pick us up at Port Orleans French Quarter and they will take us back. We will call 24 hours in advance to arrange pick up. We can also call from Universal and arrange pick up 90 minutes before we want to be transported back.
The tickets are the same cost as a one park, two day ticket-- so we would get transportation free. You could also look at it as if we are still "paying for transport" but getting to access the other park for around $10 a person. Now, I wasn't going to buy a two park, one day tickets for us at Universal, but for essentially $10 extra per person-- having that option is tempting.
Here is why -- I don't know how many "must dos" IoA really has. There are three lands that I really care about: Harry Potter (of course), Marvel Superhero Island and Seuss Landing. The Toon Lagoon has a couple of cool looking rides as well.
Here is my list of must dos at IoA. I am wary of the Hulk coaster, though, because I get claustrophobic and freak out when these shoulder straps are on me.
BTW, I don't really know what kind of wait times they have in Sept. Today is considered non-peak day, but probably a bit busier than it will be in September. As of 2:00 p.m. EST (five hours after the park opened, meaning all the "sleepy heads" are there already) , here are the wait times for these "must do" rides.
The Amazing Adventures of Spiderman -- 35 min
Incredible Hulk Coaster -- 25 min
Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls-- not available
Popye & Bluto's Bilge Rat Barges -- not available
Jurassic Park River Adventure-- 20 minutes
The Dueling Dragons (HP Ride: Dragon Challenge, which Evan might not be able to ride because it is a coaster attached above and not below. He is too tall for those). -- NA, HP opens 6/18
The Flying Unicorn (HP: Flight of the Hippogriff). -- NA, HP opens 6/18
Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey -- NA, HP opens 6/18
The Cat in the Hat -- 5 min
The High in the Sky Seuss Trolley Train Ride --10 min
These are the other things I would do. These are mostly "explore areas" for kids
Me Ship, The Olive -- none
Jurassic Park Discovery Center-- none
Camp Jurassic-- none
If I Ran the Zoo-- none
One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish --15 min
Looking at Universal, there are a few more "must do" rides if I had the opportunity-- although I didn't like the Aerosmith ride at DHS, so I probably won't actually go on the "Rockit Roller Coaster".
Rip Ride Rockit Roller Coaster -- NA
Shrek 4-D -- 35 min
E.T. Adventure -- 15 min
Terminator 2:3-D -- 45 min
Universal Horror Make-Up Show -- 15 min
The Simpsons --NA
Men in Black: Alien Attack -- 30 min
Revenge of the Mummy-- 15 min
Obviously we need to keep in mind that we will need some shopping time at HP world and time to eat. I am a bit torn on this decision. We will be there approximately 9-10 hours. If we are there are opening opening, we could probably get the HP rides done, the Marvel rides done, and the Seuss rides done in about 3 hours (7 rides, 3 hours)-- that is without shopping time at HP though and not including the Cartoon Lagoon "soak you to your bones" water rides and Jurassic Park. By the time we get done with those and eat and shop, I would estimate 5-6 hours? Maybe?
What we could do is ride all the important things at IoA, hop on over the Universal and do to big rides there, then go back to IoA to shop and play at the different playgrounds. The two parks are right across from each other. Thoughts?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






7 comments:
I like this plan. It would allow us to have all the time we need. My only question would be how much is the cost difference? What are we saving?
We aren't really saving anything. We are actually spending more. I am just thinking that the extra $10 per person (an extra $50 total, essentially) could give us a bit more flexibility on that day, especially because we have no idea what this place is like. The extra $10 would give us a few more attractions and shows to see. Seeing as how we don't get to go back to the hotel to rest, we may want the variety.
But I don't know. If Dirk, Laura, and you think we will be okay with just IoA, that is cool with me.
I really like this idea as well. Last week I was following a blog of someone who was at Universal for a few days. There was a lot that looked really fun. We for sure would have to make plenty of time for Harry Potter world and shopping though! ;)
The "savings" is that we would get access to both parks (usually $110 per day) with free transportation to/from universal.
Instead of spending $100 for transport and $80.00 per person, per ticket (Total of $500.00), we are paying $110.00 per person and nothing for transport ($550.00 total)
It costs more, but we are getting the added benefit of the other park for around $50 more-- or $10 per person.
Does that help, Evan?
where is the blog, Laura... Can you find the link? I am curious about that place!
I'm super excited for Seuss land too. I LOVE Dr. Seuss!! I really want to try all the super scary rides, so if I try to chicken out you all have to force me! I like the idea of scary rides, but once I get close enough to go on one, I get really scared and about pee my pants and start thinking of what if I die... I'm a mom, I shouldn't take risks like this... then every statistic or show I've ever seen about people dying on rollercoasters runs through my head. But I usually love them. And I LOVE those things on the Hulk that go over your shoulders. I totally freak out if I don't have them to keep me safe!
I was reading about the ride where you hang underneath.....That one will take some convincing! But I'm trying to go in to this vacation w/ the idea of trying everything new that I can't do or won't do at home.
Marty is cancelled and I have purchased these tickets. It is official. WE HAVE OUR TICKETS FOR HARRY POTTER!
Post a Comment