Thursday, May 20, 2010

Will Do: Flights of Wonder

Not really a fan of birds-- unless I am eating them, of course.

Several times a day, under a canvas canopy at Asia’s Caravan Stage at the Animal Kingdom, the Flights of Wonder are performed.These 25-minute shows feature more than 20 species of free-flying exotic birds, including Harris hawks, Barbary falcons, macaws, ibis and yellow-naped Amazon parrots.

The performance is centered on young Luke and his quest to the land of his ancestors as he searches for treasure with the help of a wise old Phoenix. Here they will encounter an incredible demonstration of birds of flight as the birds display their natural behaviors and talents. Some of these natural behaviors include swooping, soaring and hunting, as they respond to visual or auditory cues.


Will I go to this show? Sure. But it's a show about birds doesn't really interest me. People give it 4 out of 5 stars and say that it is "surprisingly good" and "better than expected". But still. I don't care about birds. Besides, I was pooped on a bird at Animal Kingdom last year. Why would I seek out that possibility this time around?

If other people have "Flights of Wonder" on their list, I will go-- and I will be happy about it. I will probably even like it. However, it is not a must do. What are your thoughts?

1 comment:

Laura Neill said...

meh... doesn't really interest me. I like to look at pretty birds, for about 10 seconds, then I'm good.