I emailed Laura about getting some additional information so I can book the plane tickets, but that should be done later today or tomorrow. Everyone voted for the earlier flight option. YAY! By the way, I really appreciate the time you took to peruse the menus and vote in the polls. It makes things easier. I don't want to be a planning Nazi (i.e. my way is the highway), so having the polls makes me feel like I am including you all.
Cinderella’s Royal Table had the most votes, so that is a “must do”. I booked a reservation for the day we arrive. Meaning we will get to Orlando, check into our hotel rooms, then head over to the Magic Kingdom to eat INSIDE THE CASTLE!!! What a magical start to our vacation. I hate to be cheesy, but seriously, you can't tell me that isn't awesome.
I was able to fit in Jiko and Brown Derby (as well as Yachtsman) as mentioned before. I was thinking about just doing Brown Derby or Jiko and making us fight it out "belly attack" style (since it was tied at 2 votes a piece). However, I decided to move some things around and do both. Here is my reasoning-- they BOTH sound good.
Jiko: OSTRICH as an appetizer? Yes, I would like to try that. Also, I have heard that the BBQ chicken flatbread appetizer and mac and cheese with the filet are good (I am getting my sauce on the side, though). AND there are awesome kid’s desserts here-- “Jiko Fun-Do” and the smores. Too pretty to be a kids' dessert if you ask me.
Brown Derby: Good things have been said about the cobb salad and the grapefruit cake. I am also interested the kid’s dessert here called “hidden treasures”.
Apparently I am very interested in Hayden’s dessert options. =)
This week I am going to focus on dining. Each day I will post two days' worth of options. I will have information about my top choices and a couple of alternates for the day (with links to menus). I will also find some pictures from each place so you can get an idea of what things look like. I know that last year I appreciated seeing the food and dining rooms ahead of time for two reasons:
1) I was better prepared for our trip. I knew what to expect at the restaurants so I didn't feel as stupid. I have weird anxiety issues, I guess.
2) I am really annoying when it comes to choosing menu items. I read through everything, I am always the last one to decide, then I end up making impulse decisions. Awful.
I will have polls on the right where you can vote for the restaurants. I will make each post in the afternoons and you will want to vote each evening or morning. Each afternoon I will tell you the "winners" and post new dining options. It will be fun! Stay tuned!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
ostrich tastes like beef, only sweeter. yummy. :)
Super excited about eating in the castle!
Question- Where is Snow White? I want to meet her. She's the coolest. I wish I could sing like that so all the forest animals would come clean my house.
Post a Comment